Friday, October 19, 2007

RSM95 Marching Musketeers --

Recently there was a request on the "Old School Wargamers" group for a photo of some of the RSM marching Musketeer pose.

In the photo to the left (from left to right) are RSM95 Musketeers from Austria, France, Hanover and Prussia.

Hopefully this will help distinguish a few of the differences from nation to nation.

These elegant figures can be obtained from the Dayton Painting Consortium at truly excellent prices.

The second photo shows the same figures from the back. They are in the same order -- Austria on the left, then France, Hanover and Prussia on the right side as you view it.


-- Jeff

8 comments:

SteveI said...

Thanks for posting the photo Jeff, both here and on the UK Big Battalions group.

Bluebear Jeff said...

You are most welcome.

I also took some photos from a few other angles . . . but it is currently about 4:30 am and I need to get to bed.

Perhaps I'll post another photo or two on the morrow.


-- Jeff

Bluebear Jeff said...

I've now posted the back vies as well.

While nominally 25mm figures, the RSM Hanover figures measured:

28mm from ground to eye
33mm from ground to top of pompom
46mm from ground to top of bayonet

The oval base is 11mm wide by 18mm deep


-- Jeff

Ike said...

Great photos, Jeff! I think I'll take the Austrians for my County(ies) of Zolms infantry.

Ike

MiniWargamer said...

This is interesting. Is it my imagination or are the two center miniatures noticeably thinner than the outside ones?

Thanks for the pics, I like the Prussian and Austrians!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi Jeff,

You know, each time I see SYW RSMs in their unpainted state, I get to liking them more and more and want vast armies of them lining the shelves here in my office/spare room. Maybe one day? Anyway, they really are amazing little works of art. I especially like the very slim French and Hanoverian figures, but of course the Prussian fellow and that other guy on the far left are very nice too. ;-)

Best Regards,

Stokes

A J said...

Excellent comparisons, Jeff. I'm about to start in on my first batch of RSM95 figures for the Grand Duchy of Hetzenberg, and it's nice to see what else DPC have to offer.

Best, A J

Bluebear Jeff said...

AJ,

I just happen to have a few figures . . . it is certainly nowhere near their full line.

I just made it a point to get a few sample figures of other armies each time I ordered . . . I suggest that you might want to do the same.


-- Jeff